The aim of a PhD in Education is to promote scholarship, research, and service at an academic level. The doctoral program is one of the highest degree of excellence at the Institute of Business Management for faculty and candidates alike to remain updated in the current research literature and to conduct socially relevant and intellectually competent research in the specialized areas. This program will address research competencies with a range of courses in education.
MS or equivalent graduates from HEC recognized institutions meeting the following criteria:
- A minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a scale of 4.00 (or overall 60% marks) or equivalent.
- A minimum of 18 years of schooling that corresponds to MS / MPhil or equivalent degree from HEC recognized institutions in a relevant discipline.
- GRE subject specific or GAT subject test conducted by the NTS, or equivalent in the relevant discipline. A minimum of 60% (percentage) marks is required.
- An interview conducted by the Institute.
- All other HEC stipulated requirements.
PhD requires completion of course work and dissertation/thesis. Minimum duration is 3 years and maximum is 5 years:
- PhD course work requirements consist of six graduate level courses (18 credit hours)
- On completion of dissertation/thesis the student is awarded 30 credits
A PhD student must additionally complete the following requirements:
- Comprehensive exam
- PhD Proposal/Synopsis Development
- Pass PhD Proposal/Synopsis Defense
- BASR Approval of PhD Proposal/Synopsis
- Continuous enrollment in supervised research courses for meeting the
full-time residency requirements
- Completion of PhD Dissertation/Thesis
- Selection of External Evaluators by BASR
- Publication of at least one paper in an ISI indexed or an HEC recognized journal or an official acceptance of the paper
- Evaluation of PhD Dissertation by two foreign faculty members from
developed countries as per HEC criteria
- Dissertation/Thesis Finalization
- Open defense of PhD dissertation
- Any other HEC requirement
- Final Dissertation/Thesis Submission to BASR.
|PED701 Methods and Issues in Advanced Qualitative Research
PED702 Advanced Educational Philosophy
PED703 Methods and Issues in Advanced Quantitative Research
PED705 Developing and Conducting Independent Research
|PED810 Planning Developing and Evaluating Curriculum
PED812 Educational Policies and Organizational Development
PED814 Managing Educational Projects and Interventions
PED820 Innovations and Pedagogies in Teacher Professional Development
|PED990 Research Thesis|
It is mandatory for research students of MPhil and PhD program to attend at least 5 sessions of the Multi-disciplinary Research Seminar Series in each semester.