The MS in Education is specially designed for teachers of all levels in private and public sector institutions as well as administrators who have an interest in research. This is a two-year degree program completed by advanced course work and research. Candidates can enroll for a minimum of one and half year and a maximum of four years. Course work is offered in the first year while the second year of candidature is devoted to thesis writing. At the end of the first year, candidates are required to produce extended research proposals (approximately 2500-3000 words). Upon acceptance of a research proposal, candidates are guided in the conduct of research and are finally examined on the basis of defense of a thesis.
- As per HEC policy 16 years of education in the relevant field of study with 2.5 CGPA or C-Grade.
- Candidates must clear NTS test.
- Candidates should have BEd/MEd/Masters in Education/MBA in Education for admission in MS in Education.
An MS student must additionally complete the following requirements while at IoBM:
• MS Proposal/Synopsis Development.
• MS Proposal/Synopsis Defense.
• BASR Approval of MS Proposal/Synopsis.
• Continuous enrollment in supervised research.
• Completion of MS Thesis.
• Selection of External Examiner by BASR.
• Open defense of MS Thesis.
• Any other HEC requirement.
• Final MS Thesis Submission to BASR.
• Publication of a research article in HEC recognized research journal.
|MPE604 Developing a Research Project
MPE608 Readings in Education
MPE610 Philosophical Foundations in Education
MPE615 Qualitative Research Methods in Education
MPE617 Statistical Testing and Inferences in Education
MPE618 Policies and Education in Pakistan
|MPE702 Managing Higher Education Institutions
MPE704 Strategic Management of Schools & Schools Systems
MPE705 Economics of Education
MPE706 Global Issues in Education
|MPE790 Research Thesis|
It is mandatory for research students of MS and PhD program to attend at least 5 sessions of the Multi-disciplinary Research Seminar Series in each semester.